WEDNESDAY UPDATE - FLOODING REPORTED IN CLAY-BRAXTON WEDNESDAY.|
Flood Warning remains in effect for
the Little Kanawha River at Grantsville.
* From late Wednesday night to Thursday evening.
* At 10:00 AM EDT this morning, the stage was 6.9 feet.
* Flood stage is 36.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast: River is expected to rise above flood stage early
Thursday morning to a crest of 36.9 feet Thursday morning. It will
then fall below flood stage early Thursday afternoon.
* Impact at 36.0 feet, homes, businesses, ball fields,
and tennis courts along South River Street start to flood.
and businesses along North River Street near the Route 5 and North
River Street intersection start to flood.
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 37.1
feet on 05/05/2009.