(05/07/2003)
A Russett Road woman is recovering in the Pittsburgh Burn Center from burns she received at her residence last Sunday morning.

Glenda Talley, 36, has received skin grafts on her entire left arm, hand and fingers, according to her sister Geleana Collins. She said further grafting on her leg would be required.

The woman was injured when a stove exploded, reportedly a propane stove.

One of her sleeping children, nine-year-old Dustin Hess, was awakened by the explosion.

The boy said "I heard a big noise like a big boom. It woke me up. I went to see what it was, and my mom was on fire."

"She was hitting the fire with her arms and hand trying to put it out. but it kept getting worse. She was screaming and crying really hard. I just grabbed some water and threw it on her to put it out. I was really scared," he concluded.

"I believe my nephew saved his mothers life and maybe his little brothers lives too. To me he is a hero. May God be with them all!" said his aunt, Geleana Collins.


Hur Herald ©from Sunny Cal
The information on these pages, to the extent the law allows, remains the exclusive property of Bob Weaver and The Hur Herald. information cannot be not be used in any type of commercial endeavor, or used on a web site without the express permission of the owner. Hur Herald published printed editions 1996-1999, Online ©Hur Herald Publishing, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019