Calhoun Sheriff, Warren Basnett and Family Resource Network, are sponsoring Prescription Drug Take Back Day, Saturday, April 24th.|
Residents can drop unused, unwanted, and expired pills at the Sheriff's
Office between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. This is an anonymous drop-off.
Please leave all medicines in their original containers, if possible.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE COLLECTION
* Expired or unwanted prescription medications
* Unneeded over-the-counter medicines
* Drugs that didn't work for you, a family member, or pet
* Drugs that are no longer used
* Medicine from deceased family members
* Unknown tablets and capsules
The Prescription Drug Take Back day provides a safe way for our community to dispose of the unwanted medicines they have in their homes. This effort will help to eliminate a major source of abused prescription drugs, and reduce the hazard they pose to families in a safe, legal, and environmentally sound way.
For more information on this event, please contact the Sheriff's Department at 304-354-6333 or the Calhoun County Substance Abuse Coalition/Calhoun Family Resource Network at 304-354-7177.