|Transcribed by Norma Knotts Shaffer from microfilm
of the Calhoun Chronicle dated 4/23/1901.
Godfrey L. Cabbot has generously donated one hundred dollars for the
benefit of the town library on the condition that the town raise a like
amount. It is possibly not generally known that the A.V.P. Literary
club already has started a nucleus of a town library and has some $50 or
more now invested in books. The town can easily raise $100 for this
purpose, and with the Cabot donation and the books now on hand, it will
make a library such as the town will have a right to feel proud of.
We are not informed as to where the library will be kept, or who will have
charge of it. But it is mainly through the efforts of Mrs. Hagan
Barr that it was started at all and she deserves to have the controling
voice in the matter. We would be glad to see all the citizens make
liberal donations for this enterprise as the need of a good library is
apparent to (illegible).