WV KNIFE AND GUN CLUB - "An Old West Kinda Hold-Up"

ARGUMENT LEADS TO SHOOTING - A Randolph County man was shot and killed after arguing with another man in the Monongahela National Forest.

Jonathan Ray Shaw, 21, of Elkins died at Davis Memorial Hospital with a single gunshot wound to his chest.

Police arrested Austin R. Woods, 24, of Orlando, Florida, during the early morning hours Sunday near Smoke Hole Caverns.

He was being held in the Potomac Highlands Regional Jail on $500,000 bail, charged with first-degree murder.

"It was your basic argument-altercation gone wrong. He used a small-caliber handgun, then fled. We had plenty of witnesses, people partying and drinking," said an officer.

Officers estimated there were about 15 people at the scene beside the Cheat River, about 10 miles off U.S. 33.

MAN SHOOTS AT POLICE - Police say 47-year-old Robert L. Jones II from Oak Hill fired at officers as they responded to a call early Sunday.

They were responding to a domestic situation in Oak Hill when the incident happened.

Police removed a woman and two children from the home and left Jones there.

About 3 a.m. city police and Fayette County sheriff's deputies were called back after neighbors said they heard gunshots.

Jones was inside the home and made numerous threats to officers and himself.

The sheriff's department special response team and an FBI agent were called in after police said the suspect fired a shot gun in the direction of officers.

After two hours of negotiations, Jones came out of the house in a wheelchair.

Officials said the deputies had to fire two rounds of beanbag ammunition to stop him.

He was taken into custody and treated at a local hospital for minor injuries, then charged with numerous counts of wanton endangerment, including felony charges.

OLD WEST KINDA HOLDUP - A brazen robbery in Putnam County is the second in a short period of time for the same Putnam County pharmacy.

A man walked into the Poca Valu-Rite Pharmacy around 9 a.m. Monday morning, pulled a gun, and ordered all workers and patrons to the floor.

The man then ordered the pharmacist to give him hydrocodone and Oxycontin.

The pharmacists complied and gave him approximately 3,000 pills.

When he left, the pharmacist chased the suspect into the parking lot until he got into a silver colored, four-door car. During the chase, the suspect allegedly fired a shot at the pharmacist and the pharmacist fired back.

Nobody was hit by the gunfire.

Two to three weeks ago a similar robbery occurred at the same drug store.