Dr. Dye's House Burns in 1897

(10/25/2002)

Transcribed by Norma Knotts Shaffer from microfilm of the Calhoun Chronicle dated 3/2/1897.

When the fire alarm was sounded in our little town last Wednesday night, it was soon discovered that the fire was in the residence of Dr. Dye on Main street. It had not been discovered soon enough to save the building, but brave men rushed into its several apartments and succeeded in getting out nearly every article of value.  The house was valued at about $800 and was insured for $600.