|Transcribed by Norma Knotts Shaffer from microfilm
of the Calhoun Chronicle dated 8/26/1902.
Alfred Kenney has purchased the one acre lot lying near the ford at
the south end of town which was owned by J.W. Pell, and will start some
buildings on it soon. Mr. Kenney is a hustler, and is doing more
for Calhoun county in the way of interesting outside capital in our county
than any other man in it. The county needs a few more such men as
he. Public spirit, thrift and energy, coupled with brains will do
a whole lot.