Bank of Grantsville Purchases Lot in 1907

(09/19/2001)

Transcribed by Norma Knotts Shaffer from microfilm of the Calhoun Chronicle dated 4/2/1907.

The Bank of Grantsville has purchased the corner lot where the Pell storehouse stands, from Mr. Pell, and will erect a fine cement-block building in the very near future.  They will utilize a part of their new building for banking rooms, and a part will be rented as offices; and it is rumored that General Taylor will occupy one floor as a store room.