|Transcribed by Norma Knotts Shaffer from microfilm
of the Calhoun Chronicle dated 6/18/1907 and 7/2/1907.
Peter Hicks has taken the contract of removing the old store building
on the J.W. Pell lot and excavating for the new bank building and he and
his boys, with French Queen, have done considerable work on same.
Peter Hicks and his crew of workmen have about completed the excavation
for the new bank building. We understand that the first story of
this building will be built and owned by C.C. Starcher, and used by him
and General Taylor as a hardware store; the second story will be built
and owned by the Bank of Grantsville and occupied by them; and the third
story by Mathews and Bell, who will own and occupy the entire floor with
their law offices.