|Calhoun County Schools is pleased to announce academic performance information for our district. Data from the 2018-2019 school year shows the tremendous efforts our students, teachers, service personnel, administrators, and parents have invested in educating the youth of our community.|
While we will never settle, we feel it is important to take a moment and reflect on the positive outcomes of our united effort. Some of those outcomes include:
* Partially or completely met academic performance and progress standards in English Language Arts at Calhoun Middle/High School, Arnoldsburg, and Pleasant Hill Schools.
* Pleasant Hill School met academic growth targets in English Language Arts and Mathematics.
* Calhoun Middle/High School exceeded targets in 5-year graduation cohorts.
* Arnoldsburg Elementary exceeded targets in behavior.
* SchoolDigger.com ranks Calhoun County Schools as the 22nd best district in the state of West Virginia, an increase of 4 places.
- Pleasant Hill Elementary ranks 58th of 381 elementary schools, an increase of 92 places.
- Arnoldsburg School ranks 169th of 381 elementary schools within the top half of elementary schools.
- Calhoun Middle/High School ranks 84th of 114 high schools.
"I appreciate all school system employees, families of students, and community members for their continued support of our students," said
Kelli Whytsell, Superintendent of Calhoun County Schools.