(06/15/2018)

Fire completely gutted a house at the head of Leafbank Road Thursday at 1:15 p.m., leaving a family homeless.

The Grantsville VFD responded to the call in the narrow remote valley, but the aged structure was fully engulfed when they arrived.

The Bryant Hobgood family had lived in the residence for a few years, a family of four or more.

A family member told the Herald, "We loved living there." Family members were not clear what part of the house caught on fire or what caused it, but said it spread quickly.


Hur Herald from Sunny Cal
The information on these pages, to the extent the law allows, remains the exclusive property of Bob and Dianne Weaver and The Hur Herald. information cannot be used in any type of commercial endeavor, or used on a web site without the express permission of the owner. Hur Herald published printed editions 1996-1999, Online Hur Herald Publishing, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021