(01/27/2018)
Fire crews are on the scene of a structure fire in Clay County that 911 dispatch said injured up to four people.

The fire broke out about 5:40 a.m. on Maysel Laurel Ridge Road.

A child woke up and smelled smoke, then alerted the rest of the family.

Clay Volunteer Fire Department Chief Michael Scott said a family of nine lived in the home, all escaping the blaze.

Scott said two children had smoke inhalation and two adults had burns, all being taken to a regional hospital.

Scott said he believes a space heater initiated the fire after something fell on or leaned against it.

There were no fire alarms inside the home.


Hur Herald from Sunny Cal
The information on these pages, to the extent the law allows, remains the exclusive property of Bob and Dianne Weaver and The Hur Herald. information cannot be used in any type of commercial endeavor, or used on a web site without the express permission of the owner. Hur Herald published printed editions 1996-1999, Online Hur Herald Publishing, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021