(12/10/2017)
12/8/2017 - State Police and Roane responders went to a residence near Rt. 14, Reedy, Friday where a man and woman were found unresponsive.

Sgt. O. S. Starsick said Virginia Mogan, 81, and John Hassapolis, 85, died from carbon monoxide poisoning linked to the heating system.

Starsick said an evaluation of the air in the house showed a toxic level of carbon monoxide, a very high level that causes death.

Hassapolis was found in a bedroom, and Mogan was found in a bathroom.

The officer said the heating system had recently been worked on, but batteries were absent in carbon monoxide alarms.

The bodies were taken to Charleston to the state medical examiners office for autopsy.

No foul play with the incident.


Hur Herald from Sunny Cal
The information on these pages, to the extent the law allows, remains the exclusive property of Bob and Dianne Weaver and The Hur Herald. information cannot be used in any type of commercial endeavor, or used on a web site without the express permission of the owner. Hur Herald published printed editions 1996-1999, Online Hur Herald Publishing, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021