|Calhoun Circuit Court has a number of pre-trial hearings Thursday before Judge David W. Nibert.|
A second degree murder trial for Thomas Lee Husk is set for trial on July 16.
Husk is accused of the 2011 shooting death of Cyrus, ending what has been reported as a bitter dispute between the two men over family issues.
A Calhoun grand jury re-indicted Husk in the shooting in February, 2013, after Judge Nibert dismissed a 2nd degree murder charge against Husk last year, based on errors apparently made during a grand jury presentment in March, 2011.
- State vs. Christopher Lamp, 21, pre-trial hearing, trial set for July 23, related to sexual abuse of a 13-year-old Braxton female. Lamp, a current resident of Parkersburg, according to the complaint brought the girl to the Arnoldsburg area where he sexually abused her. He is being held in Central Regional Jail on $130,000 bond.
- State vs. Patricia Cornell, 50, pre-trial hearing, trial set for August 6. Connell was indicted on one count of arson, 1st degree, a felony; malicious assault, a felony and destruction of property, a felony. The charges stem from an incident on September 6, 2012
- State vs. Jerry Glenn McKown, Jr., 26, pre-trial hearing, trial set for July 16, related to meth making charges. McKown is also facing drug charges in Roane County.
- State vs. James Blankenship, bond reduction hearing.
- State vs. Belinda Dawn Riffle, bond reduction hearing.
- State vs. Christopher Keith Ferrell, bond reduction hearing.
- Civil Case: Boggs vs. Kessler, status hearing.
- Civil Case: Boggs vs. WV Department of Motor Vehicles, hearing on motion to dismiss for lack of prosecution.
- Hearings for thirteen juvenile abuse or neglect cases, involving 30 juveniles.