(08/18/2002)
Most of West Virginia's state legislators do not want their voting record disclosed, declining to answer Project Vote Smart's questions regarding positions and voting records.

The highly respected, non-partisan, non-profit Project Vote Smart has an unassailable track record with no political agenda. It solely reports on politician's voting records.

Project Vote Smart said 42% of the legislators responded, leaving 58%.

Del. Brent Boggs (D) District 34, Del. Bill Stemple (D), District 33, and Del. Bob Ashley (R), District 11, did not respond to requests.

Voting records of delegates or senators cannot be obtained from the legislature, and such information must be provided by independent watchdogs or the legislators themselves.

Sometimes politicians are advised not to respond to the Vote Smart questionnaire, but Vote Smart maintains if a person is truly interested in serving the public, they should not hestitate.

Project Vote Smart


Hur Herald from Sunny Cal
The information on these pages, to the extent the law allows, remains the exclusive property of Bob and Dianne Weaver and The Hur Herald. information cannot be used in any type of commercial endeavor, or used on a web site without the express permission of the owner. Hur Herald published printed editions 1996-1999, Online Hur Herald Publishing, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021