|Calhoun Circuit Court was in session Monday, related to a number of felony cases. The defendants appeared before Judge David W. Nibert.|
- Ordie Rogers, Jr. of Chloe who was re-indicted related to the death of his infant daughter, appeared in court for a suppression hearing. Hearing testimony from Sgt. Adam Scott and Corporal Jeff Bowles of the WVSP, Amanda Rogers, sister-in-law of Ordie Rogers, the court denied the motion to suppress statements. The trial is set for May 28.
- Daniel Mark Johnson, who has been facing alcohol-related charges among others, admitted to violation of probation, with the State asking for the imposition of an original sentence and Johnson asking for home confinement. The court ordered him remanded to the custody of Central Regional Jail to serve one year.
- Zachary Wease admitted to probation violation. Wease requested home confinement, with the court ordering that he be sentenced to two years on a felony charge, which was suspended for home confinement. He was sentenced to 1-5 years on another felony charge, suspended for home confinement. The court indicated that Wease would need to serve at least one year of home confinement before he could ask for reconsideration.
- Tiffany Davis, facing felony meth charges, sentencing continued to May 16.
- Charles Richard "Bucky" Bell. Jr. of Grantsville, Issac Paul Bell, of Grantsville and Allen Keith Carpenter of Arnoldsburg, all facing meth-related charges, moved to continue the trial date of May 28, setting a pre-trial hearing on May 16.