(03/11/2013)
A house fire in the Frame-Walton area of Roane County Sunday afternoon destroyed a dwelling and resulted in a 50-acre brush fire.

Family members say they heard a loud explosion just before the house burst into flames.

A single mother Robin Schoolcraft lost everything, but the woman and daughter made it out of the dwelling safely.

Firefighters believe the cause to be an exploded propane water heater.

Multiple fire departments responded.

A fund is being set up to to help the Schoolcraft family. Donations of clothing and other items can be sent by contacting the Walton Volunteer Fire Department at 304-577-6229.


Hur Herald ©from Sunny Cal
The information on these pages, to the extent the law allows, remains the exclusive property of Bob Weaver and The Hur Herald. information cannot be not be used in any type of commercial endeavor, or used on a web site without the express permission of the owner. Hur Herald published printed editions 1996-1999, Online ©Hur Herald Publishing, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019