(03/07/2013)
An explosion in a Spencer house that burned the structure to the ground on Feb. 23, with another nearby dwelling also being destroyed, was likely caused by a natural gas leak.

The Times-Record/Roane County Reporter says state fire officials sorting through the debris found "a hole in the gas line behind a kitchen stove and a fitting that was loose," quoting Spencer-Roane Fire Chief Rob Miller.

Chief Miller said investigators found nothing suspicious related to the blaze.

See   EXPLOSION IGNITES SPENCER HOUSE SATURDAY - Adjacent House Also Destroyed


Hur Herald ©from Sunny Cal
The information on these pages, to the extent the law allows, remains the exclusive property of Bob Weaver and The Hur Herald. information cannot be not be used in any type of commercial endeavor, or used on a web site without the express permission of the owner. Hur Herald published printed editions 1996-1999, Online ©Hur Herald Publishing, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019