Spencer, WV - USDA - West Virginia Farm Service Agency (FSA) County Executive Director, Jeff Thorn, has announced that applications are now being accepted for Debris Removal under the Emergency Conservation Program for eligible producers that suffered agricultural damage due to the severe wind storm that occurred on June 29, 2012 in Calhoun County.

To be eligible, applicants must be an agricultural producer and the land must be physically located in a county that has been approved for ECP. Land must also be normally used for farming operations such as producing agricultural commodities, or grazing for commercial livestock production. Applications will be taken based on acres damaged.

Producers are not eligible for ECP on land on which they are required to maintain the practice or the land under any other Federal or State cost-share program such as, but not limited to, CRP or EQIP.

ECP will provide cost-share assistance to eligible agricultural producers to remove debris from farmland when it is interfering with normal farming operations. This is not an "entitlement" program and the damage must be of such magnitude that it would be too costly to rehabilitate the land without Federal assistance. Producers must have sustained an estimated minimum of at least $1000 in damages to be considered eligible for assistance. Payments will be made based on supporting documentation which can include the farmers own maual and skilled labor, chainsaw operation, heavy equipment or farm tractor usage and other associated costs.

Applications are being accepted now through November 29th. Due to limited Farm Program staff we ask that you call to schedule an appointment if you wish to apply. This will allow office staff time to prepare and will shorten the time you will have to spend in the office.

For more information and/or schedule an appointment please contact the Roane/Calhoun FSA Office Staff at (304) 927-1022 Ext. 100 or (304) 372-6231 Ext. 116 Special accommodations will be made, upon request, for persons with disabilities, vision or hearing impairments. Please call if accommodations are required.

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender. To file a complaint of discrimination, write to USDA, Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Stop 9410, Washington, DC 20250-9410, or call toll-free at (866) 632-9992 (English) or (800) 877-8339 (TDD) or (866) 377-8642 (English Federal-relay) or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish Federal-relay).

Hur Herald ©from Sunny Cal
The information on these pages, to the extent the law allows, remains the exclusive property of Bob Weaver and The Hur Herald. information cannot be not be used in any type of commercial endeavor, or used on a web site without the express permission of the owner. Hur Herald published printed editions 1996-1999, Online ©Hur Herald Publishing, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019