(09/21/2012)

The Pleasant Hill United Methodist celebrated its 136th Anniversary on September 9th with the Faith Harmony Boys and a covered dish dinner.

The event was well attended with everyone enjoying the music and the food.

The church has gone through many changes over its 136 year history. It was originally built in 1876 of logs where Rt 16 now runs through the community.

The church had a split log floor and benches and heat came from a pot bellied stove and pine knot torches provided light. The church was also used as a schoolhouse. A new church was built in 1902 with all the materials donated from families in the community. The church was moved back from the highway in 1942 to its present location. The church had to be put on rollers in order to be moved. It was told the move was so smooth, people continued to work inside the church without any problems.

While the building has gone through many changes, one thing has remained constant over the years: Everyone has always been welcomed.


Hur Herald ©from Sunny Cal
The information on these pages, to the extent the law allows, remains the exclusive property of Bob Weaver and The Hur Herald. information cannot be not be used in any type of commercial endeavor, or used on a web site without the express permission of the owner. Hur Herald published printed editions 1996-1999, Online ©Hur Herald Publishing, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019