|During the past two years, six counties in the Mid-Ohio Valley
have been using a new approach to promote healthy eating and
physical activity. Rather than focusing only on changing individual
behavior, these communities are also changing policies, systems
and environments to make the healthy choice the easy choice.|
Five regional events will be held to share the results to date and
to learn what other communities are doing to tackle the issues.
All sectors of the community - local businesses, schools, health
and social service organizations, government agencies and faithbased
groups - are encouraged to attend.
Presentations and discussions will explore a variety of
• Starting and expanding local farmers' markets
• Offering fresh fruits and vegetables in convenience stores
• Creating "healthy checkout aisles" in grocery stores
• Promoting the availability and affordability of fresh fruits and
vegetables in grocery stores
• Improving physical education and increasing fresh fruits and
vegetables in schools
• Including healthy options on concession stand menus at
youth sports events
• Developing trails and paths for walking and biking
• And more!
For locations, times, details and registration info see Change the Future WV events