MAN SHOT AT STORE - Huntington Police are investigating a shooting in Huntington wHere a man was shot at a Marathon on Hal Greer Boulevard.

Police say the shooter likely fled in his car onto I-64 east bound, with reports saying they caught up with it.

The victim took himself to Cabell Huntington Hospital to get checked out with non-life threatening injuries.

No word yet on the identity of the victim or the shooter.

SHOPKEEPER SHOOTS INTRUDER - Weirton Police say the owner of a convenience store has shot and killed a suspected intruder at the A&M Quick Mart. Police Chief Bruce Marshall says the perpetrator died at the scene.

Police say two other people were taken into custody and charged with conspiracy to commit burglary.

Police have yet to release the names of anyone involved and said they're still investigating.

They say the Hancock County prosecutor's office will decide whether the store owner should be charged.

MAN PULLS GUN ON WIFE - A Huntington man faces multiple charges after he allegedly pulled a gun on his wife during an argument.

According to the criminal complaint, 57-year old Wayne Adkins had been cursing and fighting with his wife at their residence in Huntington when she called 911.

He disconnected the phone line and when she tried to call for help from a phone in another room, he pointed a pistol at her, according to the complaint.

When police arrived at their home and approached Adkins, he dropped the pistol, refusing to comply with their orders.

He was arrested after a brief struggle. Officers say Adkins was "extremely intoxicated" and that his gun was loaded.

Adkins is charged with wanton endangerment, domestic assault, and obstructing police. He is in Western Regional Jail.

STABBING IN PRESTON - A Preston County man is behind bars after the Sheriff's Department says he stabbed a man during a fight.

Police say Richard Holder and another man got into a fight in Terra Alta, and Holder stabbed the other man with a pocket knife.

He is charged with unlawful assault and is in the Tygart Valley Regional Jail.

STAND-OFF IN TAYLOR COUNTY - A man was arrested after a stand-off in Taylor County that lasted several hours.

Police say it started around 1:30 p.m. on Sunday. Officials say a deputy went to the home to serve a warrant for failure to appear in court, when the man barricaded himself in a room with a gun.

Police say both of the man's parents were home at the time, but it never became a hostage situation.

After about three hours, the man reportedly gave up the gun and came out.

No shots were fired and no one was hurt in the stand-off.

Hur Herald ©from Sunny Cal
The information on these pages, to the extent the law allows, remains the exclusive property of Bob Weaver and The Hur Herald. information cannot be not be used in any type of commercial endeavor, or used on a web site without the express permission of the owner. Hur Herald published printed editions 1996-1999, Online ©Hur Herald Publishing, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019