| The Parkersburg Area Community Foundation and the Regional Affiliate Foundations of Doddridge, Ritchie, Jackson, Mason Counties and the Little Kanawha Area (Wirt/Calhoun) have announced foundation grants.|
- Minnie Hamilton Health Systems - $10,000 to purchase a laser printer for digital mammography and other radiology needs.
- Heartwood in the Hills - $3,000 for operating support.
- Wirt County Commission on Aging - $1,000 to support the purchase of a 25-passenger bus.
- Elizabeth Volunteer Fire Department - $9,000 to purchase a utility bed and firefighting skid unit for the department's brush truck.
- Ritchie County Historical Museum - $2,500 to assist with projects to restore the former school building that houses the museum
- Town of Cairo - $1,200 to replace sidewalks.
The LKACF grants are part of Our Community's Foundation fall Community Action Grant Program, awarding a total of $186,586 to organizations within the Foundation's eleven-county service region of Wood, Wirt, Ritchie, Doddridge, Mason, Calhoun, Gilmer, Roane, Pleasants, and Jackson Counties in West Virginia, and Washington County, Ohio, including several Parkersburg Area Community Foundation (PACF) grants that benefited Wirt and Calhoun County organizations.
• Bend Area Community Center - $5,000 to improve the public swimming pool for youth in the area
• Bo Mar Club, Inc. - $4,500 to complete a project to re-wire the Club's Jackson County facility
• CASA of the 5th Judicial Circuit - $7,500 for operating support
• Central Station Community Development - $3,800 to replace the roof on the community center
• Children's Home Society - $11,000 to renovate the Mid-Town Family Resource Center
• City of Point Pleasant - $3,500 to complete a skateboard park
• Community Resources, Inc. - $6,000 to provide low-income individuals with dental appliances
• Gabriel Project of West Virginia - $7,730 to establish a project delivery site in Roane County and also to create parenting support groups, provide information materials to new parents, and implement a client database region-wide
• Horizons Center for Independent Living - $5,200 to purchase air conditioning units for this group home serving people with disabilities
• iBelieve Foundation - $2,500 to provide leadership training to West Virginia high school students
• Jackson County Emergency Management Services - $5,704 to implement the use of "Sync-pen" technology for electronic run reporting
• Jackson County Ministerial Alliance - $3,500 to provide individuals with medically necessary medications that they can not otherwise afford
• Mason County Public Library - $3,000 to improve children's services through the development of the children's book collection at the main library and three branches
• Mid-Ohio Valley Health Department - $5,000 to support a free flu shot program in Wood County schools in order to judge the effect on absenteeism in the schools and the spread of flu in the community
• New Haven and Community Volunteer Fire Department - $500 to purchase a portable gas monitor and calibration kit for firefighters to monitor the air in a hazardous environment
• North Bend Rails to Trails Foundation - $2,500 to match a Federal Transportation Trail Enhancement Grant for trail surfacing in Doddridge County
• Opportunity Council - $9,000 for operating support
• Parkersburg Art Center - $10,000 for operating support and $5,000 to support the Art Center's capital campaign