|Submitted by Maricia Mlynek|
Roger Jarvis, President of the Calhoun County Committee on Aging Board, called the June meeting to order at 4:30 p.m. Monday, June 27, 2011.
After review and discussion of the minutes of the previous Board meeting
they were accepted unanimously.
During Special Order of Business, Board of Directors Training and Continuing Education was led by Northwestern Area Agency on Aging Director, Lynn Williams DiPasquale.
During the Executive Director Comments, Rick Poling discussed the following items:
- May expenditures, credit card purchases and bus sale;
- Planning Committee, June 16 Minutes;
- July 2011 Grantsville/West Fork Center Calendar of Events;
- July 2011 CCCOA "Insider" Newsletter;
- June "CCCOA News" Newsletter
- Attendance at the SCSEP meeting in Parkersburg, June 27
- Building Renovations are close to being complete and Poling extended a special thanks to the Grantsville Hardman's Supply for cost discounts on materials and paint, substantially contributing to holding the total costs of all of CCCOA's recent exterior improvements to approximately $460, including the addition of all exterior plants and planters and mulch, the repainting of all doors and railings, replacing four corroded light fixtures and repainting two others, adding a U.S. flag, flagpole and mount, and obtaining and installing lighting for the flag and landscaping;
- A "picnic" event with various food items and games will annually be held the day the 5th of July, with a 4th of July theme, beginning this coming July 5th;
- The need for salary incentives for Personal Care Providers (PCPs) to "fill-in" for PCPs during times of vacation or illness, with the suggestion that PCPs be paid a higher wage at $10.00 per hour for "fill-in" assignments, and asking for Board consent to that salary structure as well as the 5% across the board pay increase for all CCCOA employees as he had previously discussed with the Board, all to be effective July 1, 2011.
Under new business, the board approved the cash balance and expenditures for May 2011 as presented by Poling.
The Board unanimously approved the requested 5% pay increase agency-wide, and following discussion of the need to assure necessary fill-ins for PCPs during vacations it was moved and seconded to approve the requested rate of $10 an hour for PCP fill-ins the motion carried unanimously>
Planning Committee minutes from May were approved by unanimous consent.
Under Other Business, Jarvis thanked Director DiPasquale for her attendance and for her very informative presentation and hand-out materials.
Board Members present were: Barb Roberts, Dottie Williams, Carroll McCauley, Roger Jarvis, Patti Hicks, Launa Butler, Edward Lawaty, and Roberta Wilson. Board Members absent: Pam Gainer.
Others in attendance were: Lynn DiPasquale, Rick Poling and Maricia Mlynek>
The next regularly scheduled meeting is July 25, 2011.