|The newest highest paid West Virginia employee is Dana Holgorsen, WVU's offensive coordinator and eventual head football coach, whose salary could reach $2.65 million in 2016 and features up to $600,000 in annual incentives.|
Holgorsen's contract could max out at $14.275 million with his six year concract.
His salary number will replace No. 1 on the 2009 List.
STATISTICS 2009 (Some No Longer Holding Position)
Salary figures do not reflect significant benefits and perks, which often amount to 30% or more of the salary, or in some instances related to coaching, could exceed the salary.
1. Robert Huggins, WVU basketball coach, $1,725,893
2. William L. Stewart, WVU football coach, $1,009,876
3. Mark E. Snyder, Marshall University coach, $580,784
4. John O. Holiday, WVU asst. football coach, $412,141
5. Donald I. Jones, Marshall basketball coach, $380,487
The Governor of WV earns $150,000.