(05/31/2010)

An Egypt Ridge house was a total loss Sunday morning after a fire broke out.

First reports about 11 a.m. said smoke was coming from the roof.

The house was owned by Robert and Patricia Wagner and their two young daughters.

Neighbors told the Herald that the Wagners heard "frying noises" in their electrical box earlier in the day, then later discovered a fire in an upstairs bedroom.

The Wagners reportedly managed to remove some guns and family papers from the dwelling.

The Spencer-Roane VFD responded to the call, hauling multiple tanks of water to fight the blaze. They remained on the scene for about five hours.


Hur Herald ©from Sunny Cal
The information on these pages, to the extent the law allows, remains the exclusive property of Bob Weaver and The Hur Herald. information cannot be not be used in any type of commercial endeavor, or used on a web site without the express permission of the owner. Hur Herald published printed editions 1996-1999, Online ©Hur Herald Publishing, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019