|A hearing is set for today 2 p.m. in Calhoun Circuit Court whether to extend a temporary restraining order against the Mt. Zion PSD's $5.2 million water project.|
Judge David W. Nibert issued a temporary order last Wednesday, following a complaint by Bruce Caswell, Welding Inc.
Welding Inc. was bidding on tanks for the water project.
Caswell has contended for months that project engineer Jim Hildreth committed bid interference, after Hildreth declined to open Welding Incs. bid, indicating it was "not a responsible bid."
Caswell claims he met the requirements.
The Mt. Zion PSD awarded the tank bid to Mid-Atlantic Storage Systems Inc. of Washington Courthouse, Ohio, the only bidder recognized, for $319,600.
At issue is a bid package required by Hildreth.
The contractor claims a $100 check for Hildreth's bid package was returned to him right at the time the bids were to be opened.
Caswell's bid was apparently not opened because Hildreth said it did not include an extra $25 postage fee.
Caswell claims that Hildreth is the only engineer that requires the the purchase of a set of plans and specifications.
Caswell, at the last PSD meeting, said, "This job will not go forward if I have anything to do with it."
Ron Lane, Inc. of Arnoldsburg is also expected to take legal action against project engineer Boyles and Hildreth.
- The Mt. Zion PSD has awarded the pipe contract to Bruce Allen Pipeline, under protest of contractor Ron Lane, whose bid was $200,000 less.
- Mt. Zion PSD secretary-treasurer Wilma Mace has resigned, following efforts by the Calhoun Commission to obtain records and failing to attend PSD meetings.
- The WV Public Service Commission is investigating the PSD following a request of the Calhoun Commission, supported by current PSD board members. The WV Public Service Commission is now requesting records back to 2006.
- The Mt. Zion PSD has filed a request with the West Virginia Public Service Commission for a 30-day extension of the delivery of the PSD's records.
- Mt. Zion PSD customers continue to complain about their bills, the PSD is hiring a temporary secretary-treasurer to clear problems.