|Circuit Judge David Nibert has sentenced William Seth Denmark of Beech to the Anthony Center for 6 months-2 years, related to felony charges of child concealment.|
Initial charges against Denmark of kidnapping were dropped.
Calhoun County Sheriff Carl Ballengee charged Denmark with the kidnapping of three juvenile girls, ages 16, 14, and 10 in October, 2007.
A 19-year-old Calhoun teenager John McCullough of Orma was also arrested on three counts of kidnapping.
The criminal complaint says Denmark and McCullough allegedly refused to release the females after being in their custody for about 12 hours.
Sheriff Ballengee said the girls were missing from about 3 p.m. until about 3 a.m., their absence being reported by the parents.
Ballengee discovered the individuals on Walker Road where "The juvenile victims stated that Denmark and McCullough had provided them alcohol ... and they were not allowed to leave Denmark's vehicle."
The sheriff said "Numerous times they asked to be set free to go home and Denmark refused ... because police were after him and he did not want to get caught and go to jail."
Other actions in Circuit Court:
- Shelby Davis, after completing Anthony Center, placed on probation.
- Dennis Cottrill, probation has been revoked, will be sentenced on April 6.
- Kenneth Rush, sexual assault charges, receiving competency hearing.
- Danny and Barbara Walker, pled guilty to possession of controlled substance and placed on probation.
- Leon Kerby, continued, undergoing psychological tests related to sexual abuse incident>