|Among hundreds of recent (December) product recalls, with few being published in newspapers or noted in news media:|
- About 16,200 Warmest Jackets for boys, manufactured in Indonesia and sold by Gap Outlet operated by Gap Inc., because they have a waist drawstring that could get caught in a small space and trap a child.
- About 50,000 circuit breakers labeled as Square D, manufactured in China and distributed by North American Breaker Co. Inc. (NABCO), because they are counterfeit and can fail to trip when overloaded, posing a fire hazard.
— About 170,000 Tot Tower toy blocks, manufactured in China and imported by eeBoo Corp., because the plastic covering on the blocks can detach and pose a choking risk for children.
- Lenox recalls covered warmer dishes from China, 43,000 units, can cause fire and burn hazards.
- Christmas candle sets recalled By Specialty Merchandise Corp. due to fire hazard. 13,000 Chinese made, pose fire hazard.
- DeWALT recalls several models of cordless electric drills, 346,000 units, made in Mexico.
- Hairstyling irons recalled by Farouk Systems Inc. due to fire and burn hazards, 5,700 units, made in South Korea.
- QVC recalls 13,000 electric toasters due to fire hazard made in China. The toaster can turn on without bread in the slots and ignite items placed on top of it, posing a fire hazard.
- Starbucks recalls 167,000 coffee mugs due to burn hazard, handles detaching, made in China.
- The Home Depot recalls holiday figurines due to lead paint hazard, 64,000 units, made in China.
- Collins International Co. recalls 1500 watt oscillating ceramic heaters made in China because of fire hazard, 20,000 units, the heaters can overheat, smoke, or ignite posing a fire hazard to consumers.
- Black & Decker® Brand Toasters recalled By Applica Consumer Products Inc. due to fire hazard, igniting, 70,000 units made in China.
- American Greetings Corp. recalls Confetti Bursts due to violation of lead paint standard, 60,000 units, made in China.
- Reeves International Inc. recalls holiday ornaments due to violation of lead paint standard, 36,000 units, made in China.
- Miter saws recalled by WMH Tool Group due to laceration hazard,
Performax and Wilton 10" Sliding Miter Saws, 7,100 units, made in China.
- Cooper Lighting recalls fluorescent shop lights due to electrical shock hazard, 274,000 units, made in China.
- Yamaha recalls AC power adapters due to electric shock hazard, 49,000 units, made in China.
- Coby Electronics recalls DVD/CD/MP3 players due to fire hazard, 12,000 units, made in China.
Hundreds more during December, 2007.