(06/20/2006)
By Drew Moody
For the Hur Herald
drewmoody@verizon.net

A malfunction in Glenville's United Bank air conditioning system closed the facility late Thursday morning. The bank reopened for business Friday.

An air conditioner hose broke causing a fog to spread through the ventilation system, according to bank officials.

The facility was evacuated immediately. No one was injured.

Members of the Glenville Volunteer Fire Department responded to the 11:45 a.m. call for help. Two ambulances were dispatched to the scene as a precautionary measure. Emergency personnel were there for about an hour.

All of the bank's doors were opened and special fans were used to air out the building.

Friday it was back to business as usual. As part of its Folk Festival tradition, Assistant Vice-President Marty Collins, and other bank employees, greeted the public at United Bank's Main Street entrance.

Collins praised the quick response of the fire department, sheriff's department and ambulance service.

"They did such a nice job. We couldn't thank them enough."

She was particularly grateful that Sheriff Mickey Metz provided security while the fumes were cleared from the bank.


Hur Herald ©from Sunny Cal
The information on these pages, to the extent the law allows, remains the exclusive property of Bob Weaver and The Hur Herald. information cannot be not be used in any type of commercial endeavor, or used on a web site without the express permission of the owner. Hur Herald published printed editions 1996-1999, Online ©Hur Herald Publishing, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019