A Grantsville landmark is coming down. The old Bridge ESSO Service Station on the southern end of Main Street is being razed by owner Steve Satterfield. The site will be graded and improved for future use.

The ESSO station, probably built in the 1930's, was at the end of the old bridge across the Little Kanawha River. Among its last operators was Bob Morgan.

Over the years several additions and modifications to the station have been made, the building was used primarily for offices in recent years.

The original Bridge ESSO Station

The old structure comes down, Doyle Sampson looking on

Junior Taylor removing a section of the roof

Bryan and Paul Teehan removing mortar

Hur Herald from Sunny Cal
The information on these pages, to the extent the law allows, remains the exclusive property of Bob and Dianne Weaver and The Hur Herald. information cannot be used in any type of commercial endeavor, or used on a web site without the express permission of the owner. Hur Herald published printed editions 1996-1999, Online Hur Herald Publishing, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021