(11/21/2005)

A gas leak that was on fire in the basement of a Grantsville house prompted a call to the Grantsville VFD last night, the department responded with four trucks.

Neighbors reported the fire at Peter "Petie" Godfrey's residence on Main Street, and proceeded to turn-off the gas to the house after they failed to roust Godfrey.

There was no damage to the structure, thanks to the quick action.


Hur Herald ©from Sunny Cal
The information on these pages, to the extent the law allows, remains the exclusive property of Bob Weaver and The Hur Herald. information cannot be not be used in any type of commercial endeavor, or used on a web site without the express permission of the owner. Hur Herald published printed editions 1996-1999, Online ©Hur Herald Publishing, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019