(07/25/2005)

(Image provided by Sandy Satterfield)

The Hardman building appeared on a Grantsville postcard prior to 1919, the year when an entire block burned to the ground in one of two historic fires to strike the town, the other in 1966.

This building has also been identified as the Odd Fellows Building.

Early accounts say Jerome Hardman (1852-1931) and his brother Marcellus (1848-1932) likely owned this retail outlet on Main Street, early on dealing in shoes and saddles in the late 1800s, but others say Ira Hardman also owned a store business on the street.

Any other info contact bob@hurherald.com


Hur Herald ©from Sunny Cal
The information on these pages, to the extent the law allows, remains the exclusive property of Bob Weaver and The Hur Herald. information cannot be not be used in any type of commercial endeavor, or used on a web site without the express permission of the owner. Hur Herald published printed editions 1996-1999, Online ©Hur Herald Publishing, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019