|Extracted from the minutes of the Grantsville Town Council held on March 7.|
- There was a first reading of an ordinance to change the date of the town election to correspond with the state election, to the second Tuesday of June. Passed unanimously.
- Jim Morris reported there was no Town Hall Building Committee meeting, that it would be held on March 14. Balance of $6691.00 in building fund.
- Mid-Ohio Valley Regional Council rep Tim Meeks told the council the town was not eligible for a Small Cities Block Grant because medium income was too high per 2000 census. He recommend RUS loan to cover the cost of extending or replacing water lines down Rt. 5 and to the hospital. Meeks said that water rates were too low and if they were increased by $5-$10 a month, a loan might be available.
- Tim Meeks also reported he could write a grant for the Florence-Mill Street drainage problem. Engineering firm could be hired on contingency payment if project was under $250,000.
- Water improvement issue was tabled, by unanimous vote.
- Council unanimously approved the sale of the Charter TV cable system to Rapid Communications.
- Citizen Robert Marks expressed concern about his water bill. Mayor Blankenship advised him to stop by the office Tuesday and he would resolve the issue.
- Permission was requested by John and Sue Oshoway to use the town park for an Easter egg hunt.
- Permission was requested by the Wood Festival Committee to use area around courthouse for event, also permission for a licensed fireworks display.
- Mayor requesting permission to have a clean-up day for town residents, approved.
- Phyllis Maze reported that the town had not received the Assessor's Validation Report due to changes made by the County Commission, indicating the budget might be submitted late.
- Teed and Associates have been in the town office doing the 2003-04 audit, said Maze.
Council members present: JoAnn Stevens, Keith Smith, Loretta Stevens, Charles Whipkey, Cheryl Davis.
Also Mayor Neil Blankenship and Recorder Phyllis Maze.
Others president: Helen Morris, Jim Morris, Helen Hamilton, Mary Zimmer, Don Kelley, Lisa Minney, Robert Marks, Tim Meeks, Kevin Postalwait, Judy and Leonard Powell, Doug Davis, TV Cable reps