CHARLIE BLAIR INJURED IN MOBILE HOME FIRE - Tragedy Strikes Twice

(01/23/2009)

Charlie Blair's residence burns to
ground, two years after first fire

Broomstick-Norman Ridge resident Charlie Blair, 58, received first and second degree burns to his face and upper body yesterday afternoon when his mobile home caught on fire.

He was taken to Minnie Hamilton Health System by Calhoun EMS.

The Grantsville Volunteer Fire Department responded at 3:15 p.m.

Esther Wilson rescues Charlie's chickens
from fire; Grantsville firemen douse blaze

Blair was reportedly heating tar on a stove when it ignited, the fire quickly spread through his trailer, completely destroying it.

Two years ago this month, Blair's home at the same location burned to the ground.

2007 FIRE

Flames roar from Charlie's house in
2007, while he was is in Parkersburg

Charlie, who is known in the Calhoun community as
a re-cycler, says in 2007 "I know how to start over"


Hur Herald ®from Sunny Cal
The information on these pages, to the extent the law allows, remains the exclusive property of Bob Weaver and The Hur Herald. information cannot be not be used in any type of commercial endeavor, or used on a web site without the express permission of the owner. ©Hur Herald Publishing, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018