"Doc" Smith's Drugstore to Open in 1941

(12/06/2001)

Transcribed by Norma Knotts Shaffer from microfilm of the Calhoun Chronicle dated 3/13/1941.

New Drug Store Will Open Soon

"Home Owned and Home Operated" is the slogan of the Grantsville Drug Store which will open in the Richards building on Main street in about two weeks.  The new store will be managed by Dr. John B. Smith, pharmacist, for Company, and is owned by Dr. H.C. Toepfer and Dr. Smith.

Fixtures and stock of the City Pharmacy in Parkersburg were purchased this week and the same moved into the Richards building which was lately occupied by W.J. Mathews (illegible) being put in place by Roy Stump and helpers.

A complete fountain service will be maintained and a stock of staple drugs and sundries will be kept at all times.  Prices will be kept to the minimum in an effort to compete with stores in larger cities.

The new store is expected to be ready for service by the latter part of the month.


Hur Herald ®from Sunny Cal
The information on these pages, to the extent the law allows, remains the exclusive property of Bob Weaver and The Hur Herald. information cannot be not be used in any type of commercial endeavor, or used on a web site without the express permission of the owner. ©Hur Herald Publishing, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017