Cabot Enlarges Carbon Black Factory in 1901

(10/15/2001)

Transcribed by Norma Knotts Shaffer from microfilm of the Calhoun Chronicle dated 4/23/1901.

Mr. Cabbot has purchased the rest of the bottom where the Carbon Factory is located, making in all about 13-1/4 acres.  This he expects soon to have covered with buildings and machinery which will make it the largest plant of the kind in the United States.  He is preparing to put in a 6-inch pipe line from the gas wells on Leaf Bank to the factory, the 4-inch line now in use being too small to convey sufficient gas for the increased number of plates he is having put in.  A large force of hands are kept at work all the time on the new buildings and machinery, in addition to those who work in the factory.  Genial Lou Bickle, than whom where is no better hearted person living, is foreman of these works.


Hur Herald ®from Sunny Cal
The information on these pages, to the extent the law allows, remains the exclusive property of Bob Weaver and The Hur Herald. information cannot be not be used in any type of commercial endeavor, or used on a web site without the express permission of the owner. ©Hur Herald Publishing, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017