Cabot Continues to Invest in Calhoun in 1936

(10/05/2001)

Transcribed by Norma Knotts Shaffer from microfilm of the Calhoun Chronicle dated 8/6/1936.

Cabot Builds New Pumping Station

Work was started this week on a pumping and condensing station by Godfrey L. Cabot, Inc. that will mean much to gas producers in Sheridan district and in the lower end of the county.  The new station will (illegible) h.p. engines and pumps and will be able to take care of five million cubic feet daily.

When interviewed by the Chronicle (illegible) would be capable of pumping five million feet daily and that the gas would be placed in the mains of the Manufacturers Heat & Light Company after the first of November.

The new station is being built on the farm of Mrs. Lelia B. Carroll, near the mouth of Big Root, where the Cabot Company purchased a small lot.


Hur Herald ®from Sunny Cal
The information on these pages, to the extent the law allows, remains the exclusive property of Bob Weaver and The Hur Herald. information cannot be not be used in any type of commercial endeavor, or used on a web site without the express permission of the owner. ©Hur Herald Publishing, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017