|Transcribed by Norma Knotts Shaffer from microfilm
of the Calhoun Chronicle dated 4/19/1951.
Courthouse Clock is New Project
A clock for the front of the courthouse is a new project being sponsored
by the American Legion Auxiliary. The Auxiliary is planning to purchase
the clock with funds they are now soliciting.
The clock is a Tambour model which has a base 40 inches long with a
round drum attached which is 28 inches high over all and eight inches deep.
The dial sight is 21 inches and is made of plate glass. The case
is wired for illumination of the dial from the interior. The case
has a trap door for changing of the lights. Movement is a 110 volt,
60 cycle single phase, self starting type, fitted with hands to correspond
with the dial. it is to have a bronze case.
Solicitations will be asked from the business places in Grantsville
and through the county. Anyone wishing to make a donation toward
paying for the clock can send their contribution to Mrs. Wyatt Boggs, Grantsville,
who is the chairman of the committee, or to Mr. and Mrs. Harve Davis, Grantsville.
The names of those making donations toward the clock will be published