ENON BAPTIST HOMECOMING SATURDAY - A 2001 Scrapbook

(09/10/2001)

A large crowd attended the Enon Baptist Church Homecoming Saturday on Route 7 near Russett. The church has a 106 years history, founded in 1895. Rev. William Burns, husband of Florinda Stump Burns, was the first minister.

The organization of the church took place in the Enon School, located on property owned by the late Rev. Harold and Velma Riggs Huffman. In 1896 a site was chosen for the new church along the Little Kanawha River. Early Deacons, John Johnson, Sr., A. Huffman, R. L. Marshall and A. J. Huffman.

The sturdy structure has endured floods in 1919, 1937, 1967 and 1985, receiving considerable damage every time.

The Enon Church, 2001

The group worshipped, sang and ate well

Pastor Harry Siers serves drinks

Dinner under the tent

Jim and Gerry Wallace

Loretta and Kenneth Siers

Amanda Sturm, Haley Sturm and Bonnie Brown

Rev. and Mrs. Lorous Roberts

L to R Ruby Shock and "Tish" Siers

Buleah Huffman and Nina Whipkey

Leona Heiney


Hur Herald ®from Sunny Cal
The information on these pages, to the extent the law allows, remains the exclusive property of Bob Weaver and The Hur Herald. information cannot be not be used in any type of commercial endeavor, or used on a web site without the express permission of the owner. ©Hur Herald Publishing, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017